Let 'Em Eat Corn is the twelth episode of the third season, and the thirty-eighth overall.
Air Date: July 18, 2004
Major Characters: Shanks, Quinn, Sparks, and Stormy
Minor Characters: Hesh, British, Debbie, Brad, Newscaster, and Dolphin Boy
Tornado Shanks declares Sealab a sovereign nation as Sealabia in order to be his own tax haven. A wave of secession fever sweeps through the entire crew, with a half-dozen nations declaring themselves independent in a few minutes, creating civil war; with the help of two British businessmen, they are all soon armed with missiles allegedly loaded with nuclear warheads. When push comes to shove and every Sealab nation declares war on every other one, however, the nukes all turn out to be duds. The Brits get away with Sealab's cash and play a horrible "rock" song over the end credits.
- Sparks decapitates Hesh with a baseball bat.
- Shanks beats up Hesh with a bat.
- Dolphin Boy is punched by Brad and is then knocked over by a missle.
- Sparks beats up Stormy with a bat.
- The title is a reference to the misconception of Marie Antoinette`s "Let' Em Eat Cake" quote.
- The episode makes a few references to the American Civil War during the episode.
- A few states secede from Sealabina similar to Pre-Confederate states seceding from the United States in 1860-61 and then forming the Confederacy.
- Sealabia is a representation of the union, while other Anti-Sealabian nations are rebel states rather than confederacy, and the British represent their foreign aid.
- Their "foreign aid" are British - the same people who caused the civil war.